Care for Seniors Day on November 28, 2020
Imagine a senior with complex health conditions who can no longer live safely at home. After all other options are exhausted, a long-term care home is inevitably what he or she requires. There are different types of long-term care facilities, but a care home that can address the cultural needs of an individual will be the vital factor for whether the senior can continue to thrive and live with dignity.
Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project will build a reimagined complex care home where all seniors will have individual rooms with private washrooms and showers, maximizing residents’ comfort, privacy and dignity. The small household design of the new care home will also enhance residents’ sense of home, self-efficacy and autonomy.
Villa Cathay Care Home is organizing an online fundraising campaign, Care for Seniors Day 2020, on Saturday, November, 28, 2020 where all proceeds will go towards Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project. Care for Seniors Day will be a day packed with an online auction, a radio-a-thon at 2 local Chinese radio stations, various charity sales in our community, and an online talent show.
Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project is scheduled to complete by the end of 2021. Please join us and build a reimagined care home for seniors today and for generations to come!
Ways you can support Care for Seniors Day 2020:
- Make an online donation today!
- Be a Sponsor of this fundraising event or Be a Matching Fund Donor of this fundraising event.
- Organize a Charity Sale Day and donate your sale proceeds to Villa Cathay Care Home.
- Form a fundraising team with your friends and families to raise fund to support Villa Cathay Care Home.
- Place a bid on your favourite items and win splendid gifts just in time for the holiday season at the online charity auction!
- Tune into the radiothon at AM1320 and AM1470 on November 28, 2020.
- Showcase your talent by organizing a performance for our Care for Seniors Day Charity Talent Show and collect pledges to fundraise for Villa Cathay Care Home.