- This event has passed.
Care for Seniors Day
November 28, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
(Postponed due to COVID-19)
Care for Seniors Day on November 28, 2020
Imagine a senior with complex health conditions who can no longer live safely at home. After all other options are exhausted, a long-term care home is inevitably what he or she requires. There are different types of long-term care facilities, but a care home that can address the cultural needs of an individual will be the vital factor for whether the senior can continue to thrive and live with dignity.
Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project will build a reimagined complex care home where all seniors will have individual rooms with private washrooms and showers, maximizing residents’ comfort, privacy and dignity. The small household design of the new care home will also enhance residents’ sense of home, self-efficacy and autonomy.
Villa Cathay Care Home is organizing an online fundraising campaign, Care for Seniors Day 2020, on Saturday, November, 28, 2020 where all proceeds will go towards Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project. Care for Seniors Day will be a day packed with an online auction, a radio-a-thon at 2 local Chinese radio stations, various charity sales in our community, and an online talent show.
Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project is scheduled to complete by the end of 2021. Please join us and build a reimagined care home for seniors today and for generations to come!
Ways you can support Care for Seniors Day 2020:
- Make an online donation today!
- Be a Sponsor of this fundraising event or Be a Matching Fund Donor of this fundraising event.
- Organize a Charity Sale Day and donate your sale proceeds to Villa Cathay Care Home.
- Form a fundraising team with your friends and families to raise fund to support Villa Cathay Care Home.
- Place a bid on your favourite items and win splendid gifts just in time for the holiday season at the online charity auction!
- Tune into the radiothon at AM1320 and AM1470 on November 28, 2020.
- Showcase your talent by organizing a performance for our Care for Seniors Day Charity Talent Show and collect pledges to fundraise for Villa Cathay Care Home.
I want to participate in the Online Charity Auction.
*Registration is available starting on November 1, 2020. The event will be live until November 28 at 5PM.
I can organize an online charity performance!
I want to form a fundraising team.
Ways Businesses can Support Care for Seniors Day
- Interested in becoming a sponsor? We invite you to partner with us and have an immediate impact on the seniors at this important event. This is an ideal opportunity to give back to the seniors who have done so much for us.
- If you are a local business and want to support the vulnerable seniors of our community, help us raise funds by organizing a Charity Sale and donating proceeds collected to our Rejuvenation Project.
Please send completed forms and any questions that you have about Care for Seniors Day to [email protected].
Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project
Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project was launched in 2008 to rebuild and expand the aged Villa Cathay Care Home that was built in the 1970s. The original long-term care home was no longer at its best state to support the complex care needs of today’s aging population. To meet the growing demand for culturally focused long-term care, Villa Cathay embarked on a $72.9 million Rejuvenation Project to build a 224-bed complex senior nursing care home in two phases on its same site. Phase 1 was completed in 2019, and construction of Phase 2 has started this year with a completion date by the end of 2021.
Since Villa Cathay Care Home Rejuvenation Project is a capital development project, it does not quality for public funding. As a non-profit organization, Villa Cathay Care Home needs to raise $5 million from the community to complete this project. We are raising the final $2.2 million to reach our fundraising goal.
Villa Cathay Rejuvenation Project will build a reimagined long-term care home, especially for Chinese seniors in the Lower Mainland. Now is the time to address the needs of the elderly, and potentially, for our loved ones in the future. The success of Care for Seniors Day will deeply depend on your support!
Leave a Reply