Donate Today

Applying for Admission

Villa Cathay offers 2 different options of professional care: provincially funded care beds or private pay beds. If you are finding that you or your loved one’s daily care needs and health issues make it difficult to continue living in your own home, residential care homes might be your solution. Please see below the difference between provincially funded care beds vs private pay beds.

Provincially Funded Care Beds

You may apply to your local Health Authority for the publicly-subsidized Residential Care Program and select Villa Cathay as your preferred facility. The Health Authority will assign you a case manager, who will make an assessment to confirm that you or your family member meets the criteria to apply for a care home.

In general, the fees for seniors staying in a provincially funded care home are generally 80% of the individual’s income, with set minimum and maximum rates. The fees cover professional care, basic food & housing and basic hygiene product costs. As residential care is considered your home, you may be required to pay additional fees for services or items you would pay for if you are living on your own.

If you currently reside in Vancouver, Richmond, North Vancouver or West Vancouver, you can obtain more information from the Residential Care Provider Vancouver Coastal Health regarding public pay beds. For all other areas, please contact Fraser Health Authority for more information.

Please note that provincially funded beds are only allocated through the Health Authority and Villa Cathay has no control over the selection of its residents through this channel.

Private Pay Care Beds

You may apply directly to Villa Cathay Care Home to be admitted as a private pay resident when a vacancy is available. Villa Cathay maintains a wait list for all its private pay vacancies.

Private pay residents are responsible for all residential care costs associated with his/her care while living at Villa Cathay. The current fees for professional care, basic food & housing and basic hygiene product costs are $140.00 per day.

For more information or to apply for a private pay residential care at Villa Cathay, please contact our Social Worker by phone (604-215-3537) or send us an email at [email protected].

To be eligible for our residential care, you must:

  • Be a resident of British Columbia.
  • Be a Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant or are on a Minister’s permit approved by the Ministry of Health Services.
  • Be 19 years of age or older.
  • Have lived in British Columbia for three months.
  • Be unable to function independently because of chronic, health-related problems or have been diagnosed by a doctor with an end-stage illness.

Interested in viewing our Home?

Book a Tour