Villa Cathay offers 2 different options of professional care: provincially funded care beds or private pay beds. If you find that you or your loved one’s daily care needs and health issues make it difficult to continue living in your own home, residential care homes might be your solution.
First, to be eligible for our residential care, you must be:
- A resident of British Columbia.
- A Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant or are on a Minister’s permit approved by the Ministry of Health Services.
- Of 19 years of age or older.
- Living in British Columbia for at least three months.
- Unable to function independently because of chronic, health-related problems or have been diagnosed by a doctor with an end-stage illness.
Please see below the difference between provincially funded care beds vs private pay beds.