Following the Provincial announcement on easing the visitor restrictions, Villa Cathay fully understands the urgency of getting the visits started for family members. Seniors remain the most vulnerable to COVID -19; hence, we must restart the visits cautiously and slowly. The health and safety of all residents is of utmost importance. We trust that family members and Villa Cathay share the common goal of keeping Villa Cathay COVID-free.
Below are more details of the visit:
- If the resident has any cold- or flu- like symptoms, the visit will be suspended.
- All visitors must comply with Villa Cathay’s current infection prevention controls, screening practices, hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, self-prepare and adhere to the appropriate use of PPE.
- Visitors should stay in the designated visiting area and should not travel to other floors nor contact other residents.
- All visits are required to be pre-booked. Drop-in visits will not be permitted at this time.
- To start safely, there will be a limit to the number of visitors per day. Visits will occur during Monday to Friday between 10am-4pm until we can increase the staffing level. We thank you for your understanding and want to assure you that visiting hours will extend when we are able to safely do so.
- Essential visits will be scheduled with priority and start on the week of July 20. Essential visits are residents whose conditions are deteriorating but are not in an end-of-life state, and residents who used to have and whose current conditions will benefit from the families’ participation in some aspects of care.
- In order to have all 127 of our residents receive a visit, we need to allow all residents to receive their first visits from their designated visitors before subsequent visits can be booked.
- To ensure we can accommodate visits for each resident, and have adequate staff to care for all residents, residents will receive either one in-person visit or one phone/video call per week.
- Each resident can only have one designated visitor for all visits until the Province announces changes to this guideline. All visitors are required to follow the Single Site Order. If s/he has been to another care home, assisted living, or provincial mental health facility, the visitor is required to wait 14 days before visiting Villa Cathay.
- If multiple family members would like to be the designated visitor for the same resident, please communicate and discuss among your family to decide on who will be the single designated visitor. Villa Cathay will only proceed with the booking process with one single designated visitor for each resident.
- Once Villa Cathay received the signed agreement and enhanced screening form from the designated visitor, Villa Cathay will contact the designated visitor to schedule a date for the visit.
More information on COVID-19 and useful resources are listed below for your reference.
Health Link BC – What is coronavirus disease (COVID-19)?
World Health Organization (WHO) – Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – Good Hygiene Practices – Reducing the Spread of Infections and Viruses